Well, I have to tell you the Chocolate Stuff is now in the trash. I took it to the birthday party and tasted it right before I was to put it out, and ick, it was horrible. I used the new Hershey's Special Dark ( in a brown box) and kosher salt. Between the two I think it was the death nell of my C.S. Oh well, there was plenty of other yummy foods, mine wasn't even missed.
But the whole process got me to thinking how much I liked to read cookbooks, so I decided to try something akin to the Julie/Julia Project. I'm going to pick out a cookbook from my 'I Have Way Too Many' collection, and cook from it for a week. This will be fun! I have quite a variety of cooking interests (as the photo shows), so you will get to experiment along with me, if you choose. I also have boxes and boxes of 1940-50's product leaflets that I can delve into. I don't know how long this will last, nor can I guarantee I will cook every night, but when I do, it will be from something you might not have run into before - which is my intent - for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...

3 comments:
Cooking is good. I guess, ha,ha..
Hello. I'm stopping by as a member of NaBloPoMo. I have 10 blogs, but this is the only one that sees much action, Collecting my thoughts. Keeping writing!
I find writing about cookbooks is a great blog topic. Photos too.
Yes, thanks for reminding me, photos would be good, especially when I make something delicious looking.
Post a Comment