After I went through chemotherapy I noticed my nails changing into something that I wasn't crazy about. I was assured it was only temporary, but temporary is too long for me.
On one hand I had developed vertical ridges running up and down my nail. They were raised and when I scratched one finger across the top of the nail it made a sound like a thimble on a washboard, well maybe not that loud. The other hand had less of the ridges, but more mogul kind of bumps running horizontally.
You notice I speak in the past tense. My savior is a product called Biosil. It's a nasty tasting liquid, but you only have to take six drops a day and it does miracles for you nails, hair & skin. I take it in about a swallow of tomato juice and it's not too bad, well worth the temporary ickyness. Takes about three weeks to notice anything. So far it's just my nails that I see a difference in, but my hair is coming in very curly and thicker. Unfortunately the wrinkles are still there, but there is always hope...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
1 comment:
I would have kept the washboard nails and gone on tour with a bluegrass band,
ha,ha..
Got here from the NaBloPoMo site..
Like your site..
Post a Comment