10.11.2006
Up a Mt. Without the Internet
Winter Park from left to right: Park Avenue (the main drag), a very cool cemetery & my experimental photography, the in-town train tracks, a residential street with the drippy oaks, an example of the kind of houses.
Forgive me for not writing last night, but I was internet-less. Normally this wouldn't be a problem when one is vacationing, but I feel a great obligation to keep those of you that stop by this blog to tell you what's going on.
I was staying at the Lakeside Inn, a very old hotel in My. Dora. I shared my room with a ladybug and some unusual looking flying/crawling black insects, but no internet provider. Well, that's not exactly true - for $9.95 per night I could have Comcast high speed. I was shocked when I tried to connect and was asked to pay up. So I called the front desk and asked if it was really true that above and beyond the exorbitant room charge, I had to pay for internet service. The rather uppity desk clerk said it was true, and didn't bat a verbal eyelash when I told her this was the very first time I had run into this phenomenon - even my exasperated sigh didn't get a ruffle.
I am now back at Winter Garden, and enjoying the free internet. I will post about Mt. Dora after my nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...





No comments:
Post a Comment