This morning I resolved to clean my lab floor. It has a old white ceramic tile floor that has all the unfortunate spills from botched formulas stuck to it's surface. Not pretty. Then there are the ants, Oh yes. I'm an aromatherapist, as well as an Esthetician and I have zillions of teeny tiny ants living off my waste baskets. This is not the look I want to create. You see, I make a divine sugar scrub, and in the process of combining all these good things sugar and oil seep onto the floor or table. I use a paper towels to clean up, then toss them into the trash and that is where the ants dine. So, have I described in enough detail the appalling condition of my floor?
That being said, I'm not to keen on cleaning today (or obviously any other day), so I went to the Blogs of Note (a very effective time waster, almost as good as Blog Explosion) in Blogger and discovered the Three Beautiful Things blog. Written by Clare, the premise is to write daily of three things that produce a beautiful and uplifting feeling in her. It's just a lovely concept, and a perfect way to focus ones energy, much better than sweeping the floors. So here goes.
1. Vivid clear blue skies and huge blindingly white cumulus clouds with not even a hint of humidity in the breeze.
2. Pepper following me around this morning, letting me know he loves me (or wants a treat).
3. Long lines at the bank, but a cheerful teller at the end.
Great! Writing about three good things that happen to me or I see micro-focuses my attention and brings it to a higher level and puts off cleaning for yet another day. Thanks, Clare.
No comments:
Post a Comment