I'm back from my road trip and glad to see my husband and dog, and sleep in my own bed. I do miss the freedom to putz around discovering new things though. Putzing around in a town you are familiar with isn't the same as being where you don't know which way to turn and you follow your instincts or fears and get lost and then come upon a hidden treasure like a really old cemetery or a quiet river.
I also liked that I could have a glass of wine for lunch and didn't have to worry if it would make me tired or not - I felt like a grown up - about time! I learned though, no matter how much I loved the mini ritual I created of going to Starbucks at 9:00pm for a decaf Cappuccino, that decaf is not really sans caffeine. I know this because the two nights I went to Starbucks I woke up at 2:30pm and couldn't get back to sleep until around 5:00. Again, because I was on vacation it wasn't a problem, except I felt shitty, but I didn't have anything I had to do. But put me in the same sleepless situation when I have something to do and, well, it wouldn't be pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment