10.25.2006

I Did it





I'm late in reporting my time at the Making Strides for Breast Cancer walk - sorry. It was a great time. I heard a report that there were 25,000 people there. I don't think there were that many, but there were a bunch.

As I was walking I reckoned I had never walked three miles all at once in my life, let alone two months after I finished radiation treatment. I got to know my feet and hips in a way I never have and my skin still tastes like salt from all the sweating I did. But the walk was run well and it seemed as if everyone was having a good time.

I thank my Boobetts team mates Ellie Gibeau, Cynthia Craig, Daisy Saunders and wished Bonnie could have been there. When I crossed the finish line in tears you all were such a boost for me and made me proud you are my friends. For a while we were in the top 10 team fundraisers but got knocked off by Intercoastal Healers. Next year, Ladies!

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.