If you are stuffed up (as from a cold) or just want a lovely experience, Aroma Web has this recipe for steam inhalation. Boil 1-2 cups of water. Pour the water into a bowl and add 3-7 drops of essential oil to the water. Place your nose about 12 inches away from the bowl and inhale gently. Don't inhale the steam constantly.
Steam inhalation can help with colds and the flu. But the use of energizing or relaxing oils can make this method valuable any time of day or night. Be sure to read the safety data for the essential oils you choose to use and consult your doctor before implementing aromatherapy into your lifestyle; especially if you have any health problems. Lavender essential oil might be a good choice for relaxing and it's also good for your skin.
If you have couperose skin or broken capillaries, don't use this method, as it can aggravate your condition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment