7.06.2006

Skin Issues

I am very happy to say Pepper survived 4th of July very well. Even the two rawhides I gave him to chew away his anxiety didn’t upset his digestive system as much as I feared it would.

I, on the other hand was exhausted yesterday. I think it is the radiation catching up with me. I have had 19 treatments out of the 36 I am scheduled to get, and usually don’t get tired. Perhaps it was all the energy from the fireworks mysteriously mingling with the energy I must exude from the radiation…it’s a wonder I don’t glow!

My skin is another story. I am feverishly concocting essential oil blends in hopes of stumbling on the perfect combination that will cure the radiation burns I (and many many others) get from this treatment. The doctor calls it “Radiation Acne”, and that’s what it looks like. Actually, it looks more like rosacea than full fledged acne. There are no white heads or pustules, just small raised red bumples. The blends I’m making seem to be helping a bit, although the dr says my skin looks ‘normal’, the way it should at this stage of treatment. Well! I’m blending lavender, helichrysum and greman chamomile and adding a touch of rose hip seed oil which is also good for burns. I just love creating new products, and it makes me feel empowered like I’m doing something for my treatment and hopefully for others too.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.