It's the 4th of July and my poor dog Pepper is having a fit with the noise from the fireworks. That is after I have given him a Benadryl to take the edge off his anxiety, rubbed him with a calming blend of essential oils, gave him two rawhides to chew, closed all the blinds so none of us can see out to look at the fireworks and turned up the volume on the TV (a old NASCAR race is on and the engine sound does a nice job of blocking the sounds from outside). The main blast is over - it's all the party goers who don't want to quit and still have a few poppers left that is really doing Pepper in.
Pepper is a Jack Russell Terrrier that we adopted, and don't know his age, but he is mellow (for a JRT) and has a lot of gray. I'm worried he will give himself a heart attack. Best I go tend to him.
7.04.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment