It's so exciting when my creative energies are all going in the same direction, instead of jerking me every which way. I'm working on a formula for a facial wash. I'm combining a small amount of sulfate free cleanser and a large amount of vegetable oil with a little water thrown in. I know, oil and water don't mix, but with my completely natural formula we use elbow grease to emulsify the ingredient. I'm testing it on myself and several customers, and have gotten extremely positive results. It removes makeup like a charm.
I'm going to add some essential oils that will help regenerate the skin. Patchouli is a great oil for the skin. If people can get over their 60's flashbacks when they smell it they will see, with repeated use, it will really help their skin.
Did you know you can add a couple of drops of essential oil to the skin care products you are currently using to enhance them? Don't over do it. Use three drops of the oil to a tablespoon of product as a guide. I like to mix lavender into my body lotion. Not only is it good for my skin, the soft aroma calms my nerves - or if I need zipping up in the morning I choose lemongrass instead.
When I add oils like that, it makes me feel in control. Skin changes all the time, but the things we put on our skin are static. By adding a couple of essential oils or a squirt of a high quality plant oil you have personalized the product and adapted it for your skin on that day.
Visit my web site for more hints. Leah's Natural
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment