5.22.2013

Intermediate Obiedience

On Saturday Pippi and I started our Intermediate Obedience class. (I started to write this post then, that was six weeks ago, and forgot to push the button to send it off. We just finished up the class yesterday and will finish the Shy and Fearful class on Wednesday. I will not make this post any more confusing than it already is by commenting on the classes here, but look for another post soon talking about our class experience.) Again there were only three dogs there: Pip, Bear and Kippi, a nine year old Bearded Collie. I was hoping for more dogs, (Bosley, a HUGE 16 month Old English Sheepdog joined us for four classes), but with the trainers dog, Scorch, it is a nice number. We focused on distractions, and there were a lot of them that day. Pippi was used as a demo dog and, unlike last time, she cried and pulled to return back to me.

My point is that we are on to a new phase, and it seems as if she is moving through them pretty fast. She is pretty much housebroken, especially when I get my butt in gear and take her out at 7am. She still shreds piddle pads, which really annoys me, but also uses them so I can't remove them totally, just put them down when I think she will get natures call and it is not a good time to walk. Oh, the joys of apartment life.

Tomorrow night starts the Shy and Fearful class. Since Pip is fearful and shy off the leash I thought it might be a good class and I like the trainer a lot. She was very helpful during Pippi's nipping and biting phase.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.