12.24.2012

Better Next Year



Here it is, Christmas Eve.....and yet again I have cruised through the pre-Christmas activities without giving an iota of myself to those less well off. Every year I say, "I don't feel very Christmasy," and vow, I mean really intend, to volunteer at a soup kitchen or a Toys for Tots packaging place. Of course, as I pause and think for a moment, my vow is all about my feeling more of the Christmas spirit rather than extending myself and wanting to help other people feel the spirit.....I wonder how many other people feel that same way, and cover it up with a charitable face. Energetically, I suspect, our self absorption falls flat on those we are 'trying' to help. Should we get out of our own way, be aware of our selfishness, want true change, and care about our fellow humans there would be a lovely flow among us, igniting the spirit we all so want and sharing ourselves as we never have.
May your holiday this year have a bit of that sparkle - and much more next year! 

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.