2.01.2010

Pepsi Has Gone Into the Grant Business

This morning I was sipping my green tea and staring at the the tv, when I saw Matt and Meridith sitting with Demi Moore and Kevin Bacon - now this looked interesting. I had the volume turned down so I didn't know what they were talking about, but since Demi is a fellow Kabbalah student I was hoping it was something about Kabbalah. It wasn't, but it was something equally as interesting.

Pepsi's is going into the grant business, and Kevin and Demi were on the Today Show promoting the Pepsi Refresh Project.  Every month Pepsi is giving away enmormous amounts of money to people whos idea gets the most votes. An American Idol of humanatarian causes, sort of.  Pepsi accepts up to 1000 ideas per month, they get posted on the site, then it is up to the people who came up with the idea to promote it in order to get mucho votes and win. There are different categories and different grant amounts within each category. As voters we can vote for 10 ideas every day until the cut off point. Go to the site and read more. It is a great concept and there are some ingenious proposals on there. Ideas, anyone?

A thought: Is it just me looking for positive stories to post on this blog, or do you see the beginning of a shift towards a kinder gentler world? I really am seeing it, and if Pepsi can set and example for corporate humanitarian creativity maybe others will follow. Yes, I know Pepsi will profit from the exposure, but we are a capitalistic society after all. If they can do good, what is wrong with that?

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.