11.27.2007

It's All About Me, Naturally


I had neglected to mention in the last post that I thought about you readers (mostly with guilt for not posting more) and hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

Now, moving on...

I've just spent the last 15 minutes Googling names. Why? Well. I'm listening to Bob and Lee Woodruff's book In an Instant, about his injury and recovery, and I think I went to elementary school with his sister or cousin Allison. I'm pretty sure his parents or grandparents were friends of my parents and that as a kid I went to their house. The point is not to name drop, but to tell you looking up stuff you really don't know a lot about is tough, particularity if it has to do with people who don't want you to mess around in their lives, like Woodruff.

As I was searching for Bob and Allison, their parents and grandparents I decided to search for Me. I suppose you have done that, but I hadn't and it was very weird. Looking at my name, knowing intellectually there are probably dozens of women with the same name as me, but still feeling creepy as I see that "I" am a recognised landscape architect, raise Labrador retrievers with my husband Jerry, make a living freelance writing and coaching would-be writers and am a sales rep for Discovery Toys...and that's just on the first page. There are 831,000 pages for listed for Me!

I have four names which are lookupable. Before I went to college I was known as Kathy. When I went to college I began to insist everyone call me by my first name (Leah), since I thought Kathy to childish. I was married two times and took the name of my husband, so there are the four. I could create many combinations, but enough is enough. I did eventually find one or two listings which were the real Me, but the other Mes' have a higher Google ranking (how do ya like that) and were closer to the beginning of the pages.

What's your Google ranking?

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.