I love to travel and see new things but I love most of all getting off the plane in Florida and smelling that damp moldy air that is so typically Florida. Dumb, huh? But when you live here you rarely smell classic Florida, or what I think of as Florida, which could very well be leftovers from my childhood when my parents and I spent a lot of time here. But when I was waiting for my friend Joan to arrive back from Thailand, and was hanging out at the airport I said to the security guard how much I loved the smell inside the airport, and he knew exactly what I was talking about.
It was wonderful to see my family, but it's great to be back home and get back to the routine here. When I was younger I used to rebel against routine thinking it limiting to my creativity, or something equally silly like that. Now, it's as if my world is out of kilter if I don't do the things like take vitamins, exercise, brush my teeth with my special tooth brush or sleep with my boudoir pillows smashed against my ears so I don't hear my husband snore.
And I know I'm not alone with this feeling. How about you, do you feel "off" if your routine is upset?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
No, this is not a new version of Wax On - Wax Off, made famous by Mr. Miyagi, in the Karate Kid. This phrase is coined by Martha Beck in...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
No comments:
Post a Comment