4.07.2007


I haven't been inspired to bake in a long time, but the chance to make my friends a fabulous coffeecake for our weekly Saturday morning coffee was too much to resist. I decided to pretend I was on the cooking channel, so I got all the ingredients out before I started to prepare the recipe. Now I know why they do this...it really does save time and aggravation to have all you need right in your face.

One thing about not baking frequently is my stirring arm isn't used to stirring and sort of seized up. But I walked around like I was a tennis player waiting for the next set to begin, shaking my arm an all, and it un-seized long enough for me to get the batter into the pan.

(Please note the red mug, its the one I got at Border's the other day. The red bag up against the wall contains all my detox supplements, which is another story I will tell you about at another time).





Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. sour cream
1 t. vanilla
2/3 c. apple sauce (the secret ingredient!)

Topping
1/4 c. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Blend butter and sugar. Add eggs - beat by hand. Mix dry ingredients and add alternately with the sour cream. Mix in vanilla and applesauce. Put half of the batter in greased and floured tube pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of topping over batter - add remaining batter and the rest of the topping.

Bake 45-50 minutes @ 350.

Thanks Mary and her friend who gave her this recipe, and so on down the line of recipe sharers.

No comments:

After Our Morning Training Session

Cesar Millian says, a good dog is a tired dog - I agree.