One major thing I love about living in Sarasota, which remember is a tourist town, is the amount of couples I see walking hand in hand as they meander along the downtown storefronts. Some look like they are on their honeymoon and some have that lived in, I'm real familiar with holding your hand kind of look, and then there are those couples who seem to be getting to know each other all over again with tentative gestures and light touches. They are on vacation so they can take the time to reconnect, and so many of them do. It lifts my spirit every time I see them, and that's most every night as I'm walking Pepper.
You wonder how do I know these people are tourists. No, they aren't wearing garish rayon shirts, but they are wearing shorts and polo shirts when the weather is 50 degrees. We residents are decked out in parkas and hoods and still chilled to the bone while these snowbirds are relishing their personal heat wave and regretting the shortness of their vacation. They also have no idea where they are and need directions...that's a real give away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
No comments:
Post a Comment