Now that I don't have to blog - I want to blog more, sort of.
I was never like my friend K who, if someone said she couldn't do something, she went promptly out and did it. I was obedient, I even asked if I could do something before I did it, which I have now learned is not the way to do things. I have missed out on a lot of good stuff, like riding my bike over to my friend's house because I asked my mother if I could. Our conversations ending something like - "But the other kids do it! - You are not other kids!"
But there is the time I didn't ask if I could, and for some unremembered reason stuck a wad of gum behind my ear before I went to bed . I WOULD NOT suggest you do this. When I woke up my hair was irrevocably stuck to the gum, forcing my mother to cut a huge chunk of behind my ear hair off. It was not a pretty sight. Maybe that's when I started to think other people might know more about things than I did. Who knows? But now that I've crested 60 I'm making my own choices (most of the time).
I like having the obligation to blog > although, I was not able to meet it > which was somewhat demoralizing > so maybe it wasn't a good thing for me now that I think about it. But the bottom line is that I do like to blog, when I blog. God, what a lot of words to get to that tiny realization!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
What gets me is that when I was doing chemo, particularly Adriamycin, my skin looked amazingly good. I felt shitty, but my skin seemed to gl...
-
Sometimes Mommy does reading, or "studying", as she calls it. That means I can sit right next to her on our cozy sofa, but I can...
-
Well, things did not go as smoothly this week. We had a replacement teacher who did not seem to be at the top of her game. How this played o...
1 comment:
I'm glad you like to blog. I'm enjoying reading your posts..
Hope you're having a good weekend..
Post a Comment